Thursday, November 20, 2008

I wish that our media would stop playing that good old fashioned "fear card."  

I have no doubt that our country does have a lot to fear.  Our economy is bad, no doubts in my mind.  And we should fear what will happen if we keep pushing away the ideas for electric cars or at least economy-friendly vehicles.  

But I would for once like to see every side of news.  Even some...God forbid...good news!  One of my favorite shows is CBS Sunday morning.  Although it makes me seem like a senile 85 year old, I actually enjoy positive stories.  I was thinking as I watched these stories the other day that this show really was an elegant and uplifting view of our country.  Like the story of an older woman who had always wanted to dance but was tied down by a dud of a husband... after he passed away, she began dancing and hasn't looked back.  Now, in her 90's, she dances at every opportunity she can find.  A simple story, but actually heartwarming and what I feel America needs to hear about every once in a while.  I know practically speaking we are going to hear about the bad.  But why not give us some of the good?

No comments: